Friday, July 9, 2010

No More of that Nasty Drink!!!

I passed my glucose test!!! That means I don't have gestational diabetes and more importantly I don't have to drink that liquid again. It was horrible. The drink tasted fine. I had a choice of cola or orange and I chose the orange. It tasted like orange fruit punch which I like. When I got to the end I had to drink it very fast because I only had five minutes to drink the entire thing and I drink very slowly. I got nauseous and dizzy and remained that way for hours. I wasn't allowed to drink or eat anything for an hour and all I wanted was some water.  By the time the hour was up I felt too sick to eat or drink. I read that if I didn't pass this test, I would have to take a three hour one where I would have to drink more and it would be even more sugary. I wasn't sure if I would survive it. My iron is a little low, but that is an easy fix...an iron pill a day and I should be feeling a lot less tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment